We use Skin Script products which are natural and paraben free. SkinScript specializes in corrective skin care for all skin types and ethnicities. Our products contain kojic and arbutin which naturally lighten the skin and create an even skin tone. In addition, antioxidants, glycolics, retinols and jojoba help to diminish hyperpigmentation and melasma leaving the skin rejuvenated.
SkinScript products were designed and developed under the direction of highly respected physicians and aestheticians to create a unique skincare line to treat their clients’ top concerns while improving their skin’s appearance and repairing damaged skin. Targeting concerns of aging, acne, clogged pores, fine lines, age spots, melasma, hyperpigmentation and rosacea, we achieve advanced results. In the past, topical skin care has been concerned with softening the skin but SkinScript has taken it a step farther. Their products not only soften but polish the skin, making it glow! Decreasing blemishes, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and shrinking age spots without peeling, redness or irritation are some of the results. Our products work with the skin without causing irritation, leaving your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.
Our customized facial is designed specifically for your skin care needs. This one hour session includes a skin analysis, pore cleansing, steaming, extractions, mask treatment, hand or scalp massage and moisturizer. Your skin will feel rejuvenated with improved overall tone, texture, hydration and a beautiful glow. You’ll leave looking and feeling rested and refreshed.
Mini facials are designed to give you an introduction to a full facial in less time. They are a convenient option for people with busy schedules and little time to spare. A treatment consists of cleansing, exfoliation, application of a mask, toner and moisturizer.
Benefits of Facials
- Remove toxins and impurities
- Slow the aging process
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of large pores
- Build collagen and elastin
- Professional exfoliation
- Eliminate troublesome blackheads
- Learn how to care for your skin
- Even skin tone
- Reduce dark spots
- Brighten skin
- Relieve stress
- Promote relaxation
What is an enzyme peel?
An enzyme peel is a blend of natural fruit ingredients (enzymes) and is one of the gentlest methods of exfoliation. Enzyme face peels remove top layers of skin to exfoliate and expedite cell turnover, leading to a fresher, more glowing skin.
The procedures are used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage. Enzyme skin peels do not contain acids, therefore, it leaves the skin pH balanced. These treatments can speed up natural chemical reactions in the skin that renew skin cells while exfoliating dead cells.
The most amazing thing about enzyme peels is that they do not damage or remove live tissue; they exfoliate only dead cells, which is why enzyme peels are great for nearly all skin types.
Benefits of Enzyme Peels
- Renew skin cells
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Diminish scars, age spots, fine lines and discoloration
- Deep cleansing of pores
- Encourages firmer, smoother skin
- Brighten skin
- More gentle than chemical peels
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an effective and safe exfoliation procedure. It uses a sterile surgical scalpel to shave the surface of the skin to remove excess dead skin cells and facial hair that traps dirt, oil and debris. The tool is held at a 45 degree angle and is brushed along the skin to remove the hair and skin cells.
The procedure is only performed on the face and is not used for shaping the eyebrows, where the hair is much thicker. The procedure makes skin look and feel smoother and will reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils
- Promotes smoother skin
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peachfuzz”
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Instant results and no downtime
More About Dermaplaning
- People who suffer from acne or have excess oil should not have dermaplaning performed. The reason why you want to avoid this procedure is because if the hair is removed from the area, the oils may cause bacteria growth which could lead to acne breakouts.
- Sometimes after dermaplaning, the skin will end up peeling slightly. This normally only happens when there is not enough time in between treatments to let the hair’s growth cycle be completed. This is why it is important to leave enough time between visits to get the best results.There is no need to worry about the hair on your face getting any darker. Since dermaplaning only targets the vellus hair (peach fuzz) the hair will grow back the same size and color.
New Client Special – Receive $20 off your first spa service with Kortney ($30 service minimum)!
Please let us know if you are using doctor prescribed skin care products or medications such as Retin-A, Renova, Differin or Accutane, as we need to check for contraindications before your service.