*The following form is required to be completed prior to all appointments*
To our beloved salon guests,
We all miss you so much and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We plan to reopen on Monday, May 18th and we cannot stress enough how excited we are to get back to work! We are praying that everyone has stayed well. Life as we know it has changed, and it will be some time before things settle down. As we navigate through these unprecedented times, it is clear to me that business will NOT resume as normal. We will have some new protocols to follow to keep both our staff and our guests as safe as possible. Below is a list of things to keep in mind and a list of policies that we will be following without exception as we are able to reopen.
* Please know that you were missed terribly and your stylist is grateful for your return.
*Please know that safety measures were created for all involved.
* When you arrive you will need to wait in your car until your stylist or the front desk gives you the go ahead before entering the building. Please have your cell phone handy so that we can stay in contact. We are putting the maximum space available between our stations and each station/tool/brush/blow dryer/etc will have to be thoroughly sanitized & disinfected between each client. One client per stylist in the salon at a time. No exceptions.
* Each stylist will only be able to take one client at a time, which means no double booking. This is truly devastating to our livelihood as our prices reflect how our schedule is built. On the other hand, this gives us the luxury of just loving on you!
* Your health is our biggest concern. Upon entering the salon, clients will be asked to wash their hands for 20 seconds. Clients are urged to remain in their stylists chair during their appointment to reduce touch points around the salon. Stations and equipment will be sanitized between guests. Magazines and beverages will not be provided in the salon at this time to limit contact.
* Please know your initial services will take more time than usual and have patience with your stylist as they will be working under stricter guidelines.
*We will be asking all clients health related questions prior to their appointments either by sending a survey or a text. Clients will be required to respond and answer questions before all scheduled appointments.
* Please know that coming in sick isn’t an option. If you are ill or have a fever, please reschedule until you are well. If you have had a fever within the last 72 hours, you will be required to reschedule your appointment. If anyone in your home is sick and/or had a fever within the last 72 hours, please reschedule your appointment. We will be using a no-contact thermometer for both stylists and clients upon entering the building to take temperatures. If you have a temperature of 100 or higher or if you are showing any other signs of illness, you will be asked to leave and reschedule. Likewise, if you stylist has a temperature of 100/higher or showing any signs of illness, they will have to go home and reschedule their day.
* If you have traveled outside of the country, and this is particularly true for our brave flight attendants, we ask that you wait 2 weeks before coming to see us.
*Walk-ins will not be an option for our salon at first, so please call the salon at 317-742-5003 to make an appointment. We also will not be accepting new clients until all of our returning clientele have been able to get back in for their missed appointments.
* Please know that rescheduling hundreds of clients will take time…we will begin with those who first missed appointments and work through as safely and as quickly as possible. We know you are anxious to get your hair done and we promise we will be working as quickly as we can to accommodate everyone. Unfortunately, we have turned off online booking until we can get a handle on scheduling. Please call the salon for any questions. 317-742-5003.
* We will wear masks and gowns to protect ourselves and our clothing. We also require everyone coming in the building to wear a mask. If you don’t have one, we will have a limited number of masks available if you don’t have one. Not the most gorgeous look, but safety comes first.
*A modest $4 service fee will be temporarily added to all appointments to cover the additional expenses of health & sanitation requirements.
* Any cash tips should be placed in envelopes provided to be opened at a later date.
*For now, we ask that everyone come to the salon alone. No exceptions. Extra people in the salon compromises everyone and will not be allowed. We have always prided ourselves on being a family oriented salon but for the time being, we cannot allow children to come with you to your appointment unless the appointment is for the child. If you have multiple children needing an appointment, they will be required to have separate appointment times and may only come in one at a time. Your stylist has no choice but to adhere to this policy. Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the owner, Patience at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Although we are thrilled to see you, we cannot allow hugging or handshakes of any kind. Your presence is the best hug ever during this time.
* If your health is already high risk, please wait to make an appointment – your health is more important.
* Everyone has their own opinion of the entire situation but this won’t change laws and rules necessary for everyone’s safety. Please try to keep the conversation to our lives and to our hair and how we can make you beautiful and we will do the same.
* Please remember that while trying to connect with your stylist, there are hundreds of others attempting the same thing. Responses may be slow coming as your stylist is preparing everything and answering everyone simultaneously.
*Please remember that your stylist cannot work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Rest is essential for all.
*PLEASE BE PATIENT.
Please know, above all else, no one is more excited about your arrival than your stylist. Help make it the best appointment ever!!! We know some of these measures may seem extreme but they were created with everyone in mind. We always have the option to revise them, but for now, this is our new reality. Together we can make this work safely for all! We appreciate your patience and understanding and we look forward to making you feel amazing again!
Thank you and be well!
Love, The Look Salon Family